Saturday, September 14, 2013

Protective Styling With Wigs

I'm the first to admit that I'm not always open to change. Especially with this hair journey thing. I stay with what works for me and don't stray far from it. But lately I've wanted to wear more styles and adventure out more but I don't want to damage my hair at all. Plus I've decided to return back to hip length. Yep I want to go return to hip length but that's a whole other post .

For about a year I have been approached by companies about doing wigs and hair reviews. Seems like everyone has jumped on that bandwagon but me. To me installs was just to big of a commit. I've tried them multiple times pre hair journey days only to waste my money and remove them b/c I would itch like crazy.

To be 100% honest I would not have been open to wigs if ladies like Shlinda1 or Ebonycprincess did not make it look so easy. So with their help I have started this journey.

Nervousness is exactly what I felt. No one wants to look like a fool in a wig. This wig thing completely out of my comfort zone. But the support I received on You tube was explosive . Everyone is so helpful and so supportive.

Yes I got a couple and when I say a couple, I mean just two people that weren't all that happy . But to be honest people have to remember I'm on my own journey and I'm just sharing my techniques and my progress along the way. I have to do what is convenient and what makes me happy along the way.

I will say the best part of being able to wear wigs is there is no commitment . I can change my hair color , style or cut without touching my hair. I can hot curl and flat iron without damaging my real hair. I can always wear my hair whenever I feel like it.


16 comments:

  1. I've been debating getting a wig too for the last few months as I'm getting bored with my hair and wish I could do more with it. Your wig looks so natural and like your own hair, exactly what I'm looking for. I wonder if I could get something like this in the UK x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly I think halfwigs are the best intro into wigs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could wear wigs. My head gets too hot just wearing a satin bonnet or scarf. A wig would save me time when getting ready to go out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great, very natural looking. I recently made my first u-part wig and I love the instant style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really good, I am thinking of experimenting with wigs as well, your look super natural.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love protective styling with wigs! They really are great for stretching too.

    xoxo,
    Abbi of http://belowthawaist.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey Traycee! I am going through the same exact thing right now...I got to MBL by following your videos and learning from the KISS network, but I've been stuck at MBL for about a year now since I started using heat...I was just complaining to my hubby THIS MORNING, lol, that I want to grow my hair out but I don't want to sacrifice my straight style..I've never used a wig, and it never crossed my mind until I saw your video today!!! I think I will do this--question, what made you decide to use the brand you chose?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel exactly the same way when it comes to protective styling with wigs. I have been experiencing alot of shedding recently so I just want to nuture my hair but at the same time, experiment with different looks. At the moment I am wearing short cropped wigs but I will be venturing into colour etc in the coming months - just for something different :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alex Cray
    Revita Shampoo is just about the most effective new hair growth stimulating shampoo on the market today.
    Contains precious materials specially created to maintain scalp vitality along with act in follicle complications.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This blog was very good . I gathered many information but can you suggest me more information about laser therapy

    ReplyDelete
  11. In fact, you do not need to stress. Perhaps this is an unusual experience. Do not tired of it, you can just use it as a natural thing only. Many times, you know, men's hair replacement systems to use is a troublesome thing, such as me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked wearing wigs as a protective style, but it damaged my edges. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey. Loved this. I've started my hair reggie since i did my last relaxer mid March 2014. Thinking about the wig but i wanna get one with full bangs in front that I can just slip on and pull of after. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love your article. It is good and useful. share we keep in touch more about your post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd purely tell you all “awesome information”

    Full article

    ReplyDelete